L120 Enclosed Logger (Part #L120): Designed as a low cost multi-purpose device with internal data logging as an option.
Both L120 variants can be utilized in the following ways:
D Series Display Controller
An L120 can be used as a controller for a MoTeC D Series Color Display. The L120 can forward all required channels for the driver to the D153 or D175 display, including lap timing, CAN/RS232 channels and much more.
CAN Bus Bridge
As standard, both L120 variants can be used to take messages from one CAN bus and pass it onto another. This is very useful when information needs to be shared but the two CAN buses are incompatible, such as different bus speeds.
T2 Telemetry Box
With the T2 option enabled, the L120 can be used as a Telemetry box that receives information from other CAN devices, such as ECUs and Display Loggers. It converts this data to a T2 Telemetry stream and transmits it via radio to the corresponding T2 system in the pits. A T2 Telemetry box is particularly useful if there is no MoTeC Color Display in the vehicle to perform this task.
CAN and RS232 Logger
- #L120 requires optional 120MB Logging upgrade
The L120 can be placed anywhere in the vehicle and used to log channels from both L120 CAN buses, as well as the RS232 bus. With only Power, CAN and RS232 connections, this is a simple, user-friendly logging solution.
Fully Featured Logger
- #L120 requires optional upgrades I/O Enable and 120MB Logging
With the Input/Output (I/O) and Logging upgrades enabled as required, L120 Enclosed Loggers can log data from any CAN and RS232 bus, as well as inputs wired directly to the box. In this form, the L120 is a powerful logger that can be placed anywhere in the vehicle, ensuring weight and wiring is kept to a minimum.
Logging - Optional for L120 Enclosed Logger (Part #L120)
- 120 MB logging memory with fast Ethernet download
- Logging rates up to 500 samples per second
- Includes i2 Standard data analysis software (Pro Analysis upgrade available)
- 2 Digital and 3 Speed inputs
Inputs - optional (requires I/O upgrade)
- 6 analogue voltage inputs:
- 4 x 0 to 5.46 V, 1.33 mV resolution
- 2 x 0 to 15.0 V, 3.66 mV resolution
- 2 analogue temperature inputs
- 0 to 15 V, 3.66 mV resolution
Outputs - optional (requires I/O upgrade)
- 4 low side outputs PWM or switched operation
- 0.5 Amp max, current limited and thermal overload protected
- Compatible with E816 and E888 expanders (providing full functional use)
- 3-axis accelerometer, detection range: +/-5G
- Temperature sensor
- Sensor supply voltage
- Battery voltage
- 2 configurable CAN buses, with individually programmable CAN bus speeds. One can be used as RS232 Receive.
- 2 RS232 ports, one with transmit and receive, one with receive only
- Operating voltage: 6 to 32 V DC
- Operating current: 0.4 A typical at 14 V (excluding sensor currents)
- Reverse battery protection
- Battery transient protection
Sensor supply currents
- 5 V sensor supply: 0.25 A maximum
- 8 V sensor supply: 0.25 A maximum
- Internal: -20 °C to 80 °C
- Typical ambient temperature range in free air: -20 °C to 65 °C
- Size: 134.5 x 103.9 x 20.2 mm excluding connector and tab
- Weight 310 g
- 1 x 34 pin waterproof connector