MoTeC's M1 GPR Motorcycle Package is a versatile and adaptable platform primarily for the operation of port-injected motorcycle engines fitted with drive by wire systems. This single product can be configured over a huge range of complexities, from controlling a simple engine to a multi-throttle, quad cam boosted engine with two injectors per cylinder that may also include a sequential gearbox and many other features. Configurable engine synchronisation modes accommodate most modern engine triggering systems.
MOTORCYCLE SPECIFIC FEATURES
The following features in GPR Motorcycle have been specifically designed to work with motorcycles:
- Onboard real time lean angle calculation from commonly available 3-axis IMUs (Bosch MM5.10, Yamaha R1, E Lean all currently supported).
- Ability to correct wheel speeds for variation in rolling tyre circumference due to lean angle.
- Wheelie detection by means of suspension position conditioning.
- Rider trim channels for traction control and engine braking.
- Engine braking strategy with open loop (throttle minimum position by gear and calculated engine speed) and closed loop (wheel speed differential with P controller) components. Utilises track sectors for enhanced performance.
- PID traction control by means of wheel speed differential and percentage slip. Multiple aim compensation and gain compensations available, including lean angle, longitudinal G, wheelie state and rider trim.
- Multiple throttle grip translation tables (engine speed v throttle grip position) selectable by gear position, rider switch and track sector.
- Gearbox shift request via up shift switch/down shift switch or gear lever force sensor.
- Gearbox shift control with ignition cut, fuel cut, ignition timing and throttle blipping.
- Launch control managing throttle limit and engine speed limit. Rider based entry with automatic exit based on gear position.
- Suspension Position Front and Rear.
- Rain light control strategy.
- Variable inlet length support (Yamaha R1, BMW S1000RR)